Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Traditions-- Raksha Bandhan

Hello ! Good evening.
I received my kreaxions punches today , and i am eager to use them. saw couple of videos and had a chat with awesome fellow scrappers to get some tip on it. Will need more practice.

I am entering this layout for anything Asian challenge on lasting memories . I have used my a piece of my mom's old saree , beaded lace also from India . And hand made accents to give it very traditional look.
We celebtrated Raksha Bandhan ( traditionally  sisters tie a rakhi on their brothers wrist , with a commitment from brother to protect her always), with my daughters tying rakhi on their dad's wrist and  theri brother in law wrist, as families have shrunken and even if we have brothers or sisters , they are far away .
I have used handmade Rakhi ( basically decorated thread like friendship band) ,on my layout.
creatingwithpaperandmore has awesome color combination, and the sketch is by very talented Bev from the challenge blog sketchesinthyme.




Hope you will like it.  Please leave your comments.

Post a Comment